50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Arrival to Austin

Austin has finally arrived!  Half Marathon four in this running challenge.  Race is tomorrow at 7 am.  It's been a great trip thus far.  I had a fun evening and a fun day today with my hosts Rusty and Jodi (Jodi running the 5K portion).  The journey getting here was a little cumbersome being delayed in Chicago for nearly three hours.  But, it's OK.  A margarita at Polvo's and Shiner Bock at Crow Bar after touching down in Austin made it all better.

Today we picked up our packets at the Expo.  I also picked up a new 13.1 key chain that will be with me the duration of this challenge.  It's been a bit rainy in Austin with cool temps but race day should be cool minus the rain.  Tonight is pasta and mentally prepping for race day.  I'm ready.  I'll update with race day pics tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment