50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, March 16, 2012

Up next ... DC

It's been a while now since Austin but I'm back on the blog.  We've got a fun day tomorrow.  2012's Half Marathon #2 is up.  The DC Half.  Now, technically this doesn't fall under the 50 state challenge being DC isn't a state.  So this doesn't do anything to advance my efforts on that front.  But, as a DC resident who just happens to be a runner, I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity.  So it's game on.  

Now for those of you who haven't been following the record temperatures we've been experiencing in DC, it's not exactly ideal for race day.  We're talking 70+ degrees here.  It's hot.  And I'm not a big fan of running in high temps.  The Half starts at 8 so I'm thinking it'll be OK at that time.  It's still hard to imagine a March "winter" at 82 degrees.  Yep, you read that right.  It was 82 yesterday setting a new record for the District set back in 1990.  

But, before you think I'm nuts for complaining about such nice weather in March, there is a silver lining.  Tomorrow is not just an important day because of the marathon here in DC.  It's also the day we celebrate the Irish.  Yep, it's St. Patrick's Day.  The weather is going to be perfect for sitting outdoors and enjoying some post race beverages.

Packet pickup is at the DC Armory.  I'll be there after work today and will try to snap a shop in front of the course map.  I like those shots.  

I also noticed that I'm in corral one having placed my expected Half time at 1:30.  I ran Austin in 1:41.  This is going to be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment