50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 11

It's now been 11 days since my Half in Minneapolis and since I've gone running.  It was Monday, June 4, when I woke up and started feeling a slight bruise/pinch in the arch of my right foot reaching my heel.  Since then I've been on the stationary bike at the gym in my apartment complex.  It's been great to keep my legs moving and heart rate up.  I've also been stretching my arch and icing it the last few nights.

But, I'm itching to hit the pavement again.  I do have a scheduled run this Sunday with my running group where I'm going to take it light.  Normally, I push ahead of the group as I get my stride but I think I'm going to hold back to ensure I don't further injure myself prior to my doctor's appointment next Wednesday.  I really hope it's not Plantar's.  Please don't let it be Plantar's.  However, something tells me it is.  Let's see what he has to say and hope that I'm wrong.

In the meantime, tomorrow I will be heading to Capitol Hill Bikes.  As I said, I've been on the stationary bike now for a little over a week and have really been enjoying it.  Plus, it's summer time.  It'll be nice to get on the bike and make the six mile ride over to Arlington to see my sister every now and then.  It can also be quite annoying looking for parking in and around the city when just going to meet up with someone quickly.  A bike can solve that problem.  I've also been toying with the idea of eventually (not any time soon) attempting a triathlon.  It's something that's always intrigued me.  Well, it's a challenge.  An endurance challenge of any kind has always intrigued me.  When the Kona Triathlon is on TV you won't find me anywhere else.  I love watching that triathlon and baffling at how the elites can make the time they do.  It's amazing.

I think starting now to build my cycling endurance will be good.  A pic will be posted if/when I decide to make the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment