50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chicago arrival

I arrived in Chicago early today and headed straight to downtown to meet my good friend Amanda. I've known Amanda since my days in Cleveland and we stayed great friends after her move to Chicago and mine to Washington, D.C.  It was a great day and evening with her.

I met her at her office on S. Wacker and waited for her to get off work.  Once she got off work we headed to her neighborhood of Bucktown.  First, let me say I love where she lives.  It reminds me of Park Slope in NYC.  It's filled with great bars, restaurants, dog parks, brownstones, and hole in the walls to frequent.  I like it a lot.

We headed to Lotties where we had drinks and caught up.  Amanda and I chat every day but it was great to finally talk to her in person.  After drinks we headed to her apartment where we relaxed and got ready for dinner.  Dinner was at Ada St.  It was delicious.  We had the octopus, steak tartare, and steak tenderloin.  Afterwards we went for drinks at Northside before heading to Lotties and then back to the apartment. 

I'm keeping this post short as today we'll be heading to the Expo for packet pickup and then seeing the city.  I'll take some more pics and update tomorrow night.  And then Sunday is the Half.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment