50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Plantars .. please go away

One word:  OUCH

My left arch is hurting.  I wish I could say that I've been attentive to my body and heeded all the warning signs, but have not.  My left arch has been bothering me for a while now.  Ever since Rhode Island.  I took two weeks off of running after the Half due to both work and just wanting to rest my foot.  After Rhode Island my left arch was hurting switching over from my right foot.  I found that to be a bit interesting.  I wasn't in agony or anything.  But, it was bothering me.  So I took a few days off and then headed to Tampa for the Republican National Convention (photos below).  It was for work and the hours got me up pretty early and to bed late.  In a way it worked in my favor as I did not want to run to avoid putting pressure on my arch.

After I got back from Tampa the Democratic Convention began and that kept me in the office pretty late.  However, I managed to get in a light run last week on Thursday (four miles) and felt good.  I then went for a six mile run two days ago on Sunday.  That night I was limping.  Yesterday I was limping and last night it hurt.  It felt like someone had punched me front and center where the arch meets the heel.  I am not going to run the rest of this week and will head to Philadelphia on Saturday morning.  I am meeting Maria and Rich at the hotel before heading to the Expo.  

In the meantime, I've gotten a new pair of sneakers, am icing my heel, stretching it, and keeping it rested whenever I can.  If I have to, I will walk a good portion of the Half.

A smart move?  I don't know.  Probably not.  But, if I come out of Philadelphia requiring a visit to the doctor I will most likely cancel my next Half in October.  I really do not want to miss Philadelphia for both the visit (political history buff!) and Half.




Stage set for the Republican National Convention

Michele Bachmann

Herman Caine

The 2012 RNC officially opens

Rudy Giuliani

John McCain

Diane Sawyer

With my colleagues Brian and Tom



No comments:

Post a Comment