50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Hampshire race day

As I made my way to the start line this morning I was immediately struck by the sheer size of the crowds.  Specifically, those that were running.  And it didn't take long for me to realize what I was seeing.

The NYC marathon was cancelled this weekend due to Hurricane Sandy.  The thought of power generators being placed throughout NYC for runners did not sit well with many that have been without power for days.  And I agree.  It was a good call to cancel.

But, there was a silver lining for many runners who had trained for months with this happy piece of news.  The Manchester Marathon became the savior for many.  A nice Aussie and couple from Denmark I met took a greyhound up to New Hampshire just yesterday for today's marathon.  It was nice to see Road Runners and the city of Manchester pull this one out for so many.

The race was great.  Very scenic and the weather was sunny and cool.   It was really a perfect race day.

I ended up finishing in 1:45:36 with an 8:03 pace.  I ended up placing 38 in my age group and 110 overall (816 in the Half).  I wish I had taken more pictures but my iPhone was almost dead on battery. 




Runners at start line



 

No comments:

Post a Comment