50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vermont race weekend

It was a great weekend in Vermont with excellent friends, gorgeous weather, and a nice introduction to the Fall to come.  My road trip companions and cheering section were my good friends Colleen and Jon.  It was fun times and a memorable weekend with them both.

We arrived on Thursday after having traveled through the picturesque countryside and a few small New England towns.  We spent time in East Burke (where we stayed), Montpelier, Burlington, and even managed to squeeze in a trip over the border to Canada.

The weather for the race was cool in the upper 40s with plenty of sunshine.  A perfect day for a race.  And it was a small race.  The smallest I've done yet,  The half marathon runner count capped at 25.  I managed to finish in 1:43:16 with a course that was hilly ... very, very hilly.

I'm fairly certain I was able to do 1:43 with that many hills thanks in large part to the adrenaline boosts I got from the high fives and cheers from my cheering section.  They did great and found plenty of stops along the course to meet me.

After the race we headed to Burlington where we had brunch, walked the city, and enjoyed the beautiful views at Lake Champlain.

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.  A great weekend and now I look forward to Omaha, Nebraska next weekend.

A big thanks again to Jon and Colleen for taking the trip and making it a great weekend!


Made it!

The Bed & Breakfast for the weekend

Me with my good friend Colleen


En route to pick up my running bib


New England country roads


Fall is coming


The happy couple en route to Montpelier


Me with my good friend Jon

Vermont State Capitol

City of Magog in Quebec, Canada





Home sweet home

Race day morning





Finished! (1:43:16)


Time for the traditional post race Bloody Mary


Lake Champlain in Burlington



A great way to end the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment