50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Oklahoma race day

Half marathon 42 done!

It was a nice morning today in Oklahoma City.  We saw cool temps and a huge crowd (both runners and spectators) for the 20th Oklahoma City Memorial marathon.  After a moment of silence for 168 seconds (for each person who died on the day of the bombing), it was race time.

The course was a bit hilly but not too hilly.  It took us through all neighborhoods of the city and the residents of OKC came out in full force.  I mean the crowds were really great.  

In the end I finished in 1:46.  I'm off for a couple months until June when I fly to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  I'm really looking forward to that one.

Until then ...


I snapped a couple shots of the memorial just before sunrise





No comments:

Post a Comment