50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Colorado day 1

It was a great first day in Colorado.  I landed a little later than I'd like due to flight delays but still made it in time to see my friends Doug and Eric.  It was a fun night of catching up and beers before starting the site seeing today.

Today started with breakfast at The Egg Shell in Cherry Creek before taking the 30 mile drive out to Echo Lake in Mount Evans.  It was awesome.  I drove the Mount Evans Scenic Byway for about 50 miles making stops along the way.

It was a great day for the drive with temps in the mid 70s and lots of sun. The cloud cover came just as I was heading home. So perfect timing.

I'm back at the hotel now getting ready to head out to see downtown Denver with friends.  Tomorrow is a day trip out to Boulder.  More pics to come ...


Starting the day with a walk through Cherry Creek

Breakfast time


















Onward up the Mount Evans scenic byway ...



Keep going up and up ...




Heading home with some cloud cover at 13,000 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment