50 State Challenge Map

50 State Challenge Map
States completed

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Colorado day 3

As you can see in the pictures it was a beautiful morning yesterday to run a half marathon.  The only issue I had to deal with was the altitude.  I had been noticing over the past few days that the altitude was taking its toll on me with respect to breathing.

Therefore running this race proved tougher than I expected.  I ended up finishing in 1:49.  I'm OK with it. However, next time around I'll be aiming to get back under 1:40.

After the race I headed out to Golden with my friend Doug to check out a classic mountain town.  We walked and sat around drinking some beers before taking the drive back to Denver.

Then it was out to downtown where we hung out mostly in the Highlands and LoDo areas.  A great night and it actually felt like 12 years ago when Doug and I were still running around NYC.  So much fun and a great way to cap the trip.

Up next:  South Dakota, Mount Rushmore


Getting ready


Start time

My buddy Doug caught me at mile 12


Heading to the finish




Golden, Colorado






Denver skyline


No comments:

Post a Comment